Feb-2019 to July-2020
1. Optimised Batch-Reverse Osmosis system design specification with biomimetic membranes with specific energy consumption (SEC)<0.5 kWh/m3.
2. Technology roadmap for textile and dairy wastewater and brackish water desalination.
3. Phyto-treatment system design specifications and monitoring requirements.
4. Geo-hydrological ecological status of microwatersheds in the Lodhva area of Gujarat.
1. Pilot demonstration of integrated batch reverse osmosis (BRO), phytotreatment and forward osmosis (FO) technology for brackish water desalination and wastewater recycling.
2. Field installation and demonstration of solar powered technology at Lodhva village, Gujarat delivering 8m3/d of clean water, valuable plants and crops with no adverse environmental impacts.
3. Pilot FO/BRO and Nanofiltration demonstration of >50% water recovery for industrial wastewater recycling.
4. Forward Osmosis Membrane manufacturing technology established in India.
5. Salicornia and Sarcocornia grown as a valuable crop in Gujarat using high salinity wastewater rejected from the desalination process.
6. Policy briefs with recommendation on groundwater management and purification technology adoption.
7. Supply chain and business case analysis related to the adoption of drinking water purification in regions with highly saline groundwater.